12/10/2013

Guess I'll Try This Again!

Something weird happened with one of my previous posts, "Algunas Cosas." We're going to try this again because that one had a lot of pictures and info about my November adventures. (It also involved about 3 hours of work, but you know, that's whatever...ha)

Entonces, here is what I have done since my last SUPER long post...

~Went out to try Hooters in Costa Rica...best burger I'd had in a while!



~Had my house decorated for Christmas before Thanksgiving..that was interesting to say the least!


~Visited the Huetiri Tribe (Indigenous of Costa Rica) with my Tropical Medicine class



~Fuimos a Punta Uva with the same class! Sand massages on the beach anyone? Relaxing.



~Took a trip to a school for blind and deaf students...very interesting!


~Helped my mama tica celebrate her birthday..complete with a surprise mariachi band!



~Went to my favorite place in Costa Rica...MONTEZUMA. This place was beautiful..



~Visited the children's museum with my Basic Spanish Conversation class



~Spent my first Thanksgiving away from home...that was a little rough!



~Visited a snake sanctuary (which had HUGE spiders everywhere..gross) and ate too much sushi with my class!




~Visited the Basilica and Ruins of Cartago



~Spent time with my host sisters and friends from church, ate at MickyDs for the first time here, and visited  Hospital Catolica.






I suppose that's enough for this post..just so many things happening and trying to get them all into one post is like impossible!

As of right now I have 11 days left here. It is so crazy how these 4 months flew by. Now I'm just trying to make sure I have all my gifts purchased for people back home and cherish this last bit of time in Costa Rica.

Now that I have seen so many sights and explored, I am ready to go home to my collection of sweats, my dog, my family & friends, and THE SNOW. I didn't realize how much I loved where I live until now. 

I talked about how I spent Thanksgiving here. Most of the gringos were depressed that day because we were away from our families (some for the first time ever) and didn't get our typical food. Plus it was rainy and icky that day! BOO! However, now (at least I am) we're ready for Christmas and much more cheery! For me though, it's hard to imagine a Christmas without snow. Hence, I'm actually looking forward to it! And all of the Christmas-y things I get to do at home.

However, living here for 4 months and then just all of the sudden going home, is something I can't really fathom. It will be odd but at least I have a family here if it gets to the point where reverse culture shock is too strong ;)

Olive juice amor, xo :)

Allie

4 comments:

  1. What is the shaky thing in the video???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I honestly didn't see this until now!
      It was an earthquake simulation, so we would know what one might feel like if we experienced (or didn't) one. Super fun...when you know it's fake ;)

      Delete