1/19/2014

Recordando Costa Rica

It has almost been a month now that I've been back in Minnesota. And heavens is it COLD! Not that I'm complaining! I made a promise to myself to never again complain about the cold because I missed it while in Costa Rica. Crazy how lack of Minnesota seasons warped my sense of time!

Now that I'm back, I wanted to post one last time about being home, my families, my schools, and anything else I decide to throw in there!
Just a reflection for you!

Well, being home wasn't as much of a culture shock as I thought. Adjusting was pretty easy! Yes it felt weird to be in my house again but it was all so familiar and I had missed it! There were times when it felt surreal but being gone for so long makes you appreciate things you took for granted. My family was one of them. I spent so much time with them when I got back...well it was Christmastime too so I was kind of obligated ;) The first couple days was hard too because I missed my family from CR!
Here we are eating out on our last night together
From left to right: Manuela, Alejandra, Gabriela, Valeria, me, Mama Tica (Vanessa), and Papa Tico (Tyrone)
While I was there they truly became my family and I would not trade them for the world. Now I can say I have two families! And of course, can't forget our dog..Tito!


I wanted to show some pictures of my school as well but I never posted about it. I attended Universidad Veritas...and man was it beautiful! I met so many wonderful friends (American and Costa Rican) and professors there. Truly some of the most caring, talented, and wonderful people in the world. I learned how to speak Spanish, dance latino, and get a sunburn during school! 
Here is what the plaza looks like where we would take breaks during our intensive Spanish classes. It's a little different than the snow covered "green" I have here at BLC right now! And thank you to one of my best friend Hilary for being my model!


I could probably go on for days and days....and days. But I will stop now. Reminiscing has actually gotten me really sentimental and sad. While being home is the greatest feeling ever, knowing I accomplished my goal of studying abroad and made all the EXTRAORDINARY memories I did.....well that is a feeling I will never be able to replace, nor do I want to. 

Studying abroad. Hands down the best experience of my life thus far. I miss Costa Rica everyday. Not many people can say they have two home...I, however, can say it with utmost confidence...so long Costa Rica, see you again soon :)

Thanks for following along with me in my crazy adventures in CR..it was more than I ever imagined. 
Olive juice amor, xo :)

Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment