8/29/2013

The Great MINNESOTA Get Together

It's that time again, people! STATE FAIR! Where you go to eat your food deep fried and on a stick. Doesn't get much better than that! This year my family and I went on Sunday August 25th. And might I say..it was HOT and HUMID. But I'm not complaining one bit. Despite the fact we sweat the whole time we were there.
Two years ago I brought my friend Jessica from Arizona. I feel it's important to expose everyone who hasn't gone, that I know, to the wonder that is the MN State Fair. That is why this year, I took one of my best friends from college, Emilie. She was pumped to go..and I definitely warned her to bring her appetite because we would be eating. All.Day.Long.
The thing is, I'm not joking. We ate all day. There were times when I thought my gut would explode from the amount of food and beverages I consumed.
To document, we took pictures of everything we ate. From 10am till 9pm..11 hours of walking, eating, and sweating..but having tons of fun...here is our State Fair experience in pictures!

The start of our day..EJ's first time at the fair! She was a little overwhelmed when we walked in. Lots of people! 

 First food of the day! I had a cinnamon roll and EJ had cheese curds. She's lactose intolerant..that didn't go well for her the rest of the day! After the cinnamon roll, I also had a bite of my dad's wild rice burger..mmm delicious!

 Up next for EJ was the foot long hot dog. Yes, I did have a bit as well! 

 No, this isn't food. But the dog was just SO cute :)

 Needed some "real" food..a break from sweet. Went for a classic-Pronto Pup!
I'm sensing a theme with dogs...

 Can't leave the fair without something deep fried and on a stick. So Reeses it was! YUM!

 I just love horses so much. Pretty Freisians!

 This boar though. HUGE! The biggest pig type animal I have EVER seen. 1,045lbs. Wow.

 It is a must if you go to the State Fair. Sweet Martha's cookies! But you have to eat them right away. And then hit up the all you can drink milk. Perfect combo.

 I just like baby piglets, ok? They're so freaking cute!

 Yes, I'm a fatty and double-fisting. While holding the rest of our cookies. At this point I was going to be done eating...
 Until I decided I needed to try sweet corn ice cream..which is actually pretty good!

EJ and my brother even got some corn toss in at the U of M booth. I was still recovering from my food coma.

I forgot to take a picture while eating a malt from the dairy building, so I had one of those too! Along with the last couple bites of my dad's BBQ brisket. Yeah..food coma..
Despite walking and sweating the State Fair was a great day with friends and family. If you haven't gone yet, GO. NOW! There are a million food options and activities. Always a worthwhile experience :)

That's all for now! Xo,

Allie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment