8/31/2013

And now I wait *bored face*

It is currently 8:11am and I'm sitting by gate E11 at the Houston, Texas airport. I have nothing to do until my flight boards in about 3 hours. Sweet right? Hmm...I can use it to tell ya'll about my flight and such!
To start, yesterday was an emotional day. Wow. I think I cried/teared up about 5 times. I also had a half panic attack in the morning. I wasn't nervous up until that point. Then after 15 minutes I was fine (and have been ever since)! However, everything worked out well! I got to see my beloved BLC Volleyball tean play..and it was EXTREMELY hard not to run out on the court. I wish them the best of luck today in the St. Olaf tourney! I went to Olive Garden for my last meal in MN, with my grandma. Endless pasta bowl!! Yum:)
I ended up going to sleep around 9p and getting up at 1a. Due to coffee consumption, I'm actually not that tired!
My grandma and I got to the airport about 2:50a and when we got to the checkin they said it would not open till 4. What is the point of making us come 2.5 hrs early for a flight if you don't open till 4?? But I was happy to say, this girl was the first in line ;)
My parents arrived shortly after to say goodbye (which I was SOOOO greatful for..thanks mom n dad!) I got my bags all checked and said bye to my family and I still wasn't nervous! I can do this!
My flight was smooth and arrived like half an hour earlier than expected which was great. I have to say I'm sad I couldn't get my window seat. I gave to a boy who was traveling by himself and thought he might want it more than I did! While I was bored most of the time I did get to see the sunrise...it was GORGEOUS! I could see that more often and not get sick of it.
So far (and hopefully I'm not speaking too soo) it had been a pretty stress free process. We'll see how customs go when I get to San Jose! There are a couple people going with the same program on my flight so maybe I'll seek them out somehow abd won't be so alone!
One thing I do want to share though is a little thing that happened while going through security. This guy behind me asked, "Are you an athlete?" To which I said yes. Then he says, "I can tell in your build that you are, you just look like one." Uhhh..thanks? Haha I mean cool that I look like the athlete I am but I didn't know what to think! Maybe the yogas and running shoes gave it away..
That's all for now! Next stop...San Jose, Costa Rica!
Olive Juice Amor, xo :)
Allie
P.S. Thank you for all the support from family and friends. My phone and facebook were blowing up with warm wishes! I appreciate every one of them! I feel so loved :)

No comments:

Post a Comment