11/22/2013

#1month

As you can see from the title..I have one month left in the beautiful country of Costa Rica! With this fact comes some super bittersweet feelings. I'm sad to be able to count down my time without using months as a reference point. It's weird that this place that I've called home for three months and the friends I have.made be so far away. But it's exciting that I get to go home to my family, my friends, my school, and my teams that I have missed for so long.
I find myself getting caught up in emotions and becoming introspective a lot of the time.
How will I feel when I get home? Will I be completely ok? Will I miss everything here? Will I carry these feelings of hyperawareness with me?
I am doing everything I can do BE HERE..but it's a struggle when I get so excited knowing that I'm in the homestretch! One thing I do know though...this experience has changed my life. And it is shaping me every single day. From the thoughts I have during the day, the people I encounter, the relationships I have, to the experiences and adventures I still have yet to take on...everything is making me answer the questions I have.
Who am I..truly?
What do I want to do with my life and do I want out of it?
Most importantly..How is my relationship with God? How can I live out His will for me? What plans does He have for me?
This last month I feel will be great because I have time for once. But it will also dictate how I function when I get back...because I am making myself be productive and organized yet "tranquila."

Although this isn't much about explaining my awesome adventures here, I felt like sharing some of my thoughts/struggles/feelings. Time away from home really makes me introspective!! Maybe too much ;)

Olive juice amor, xo :)

Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment