3/10/2014

I have a problem...let's fix that!

         It’s the classic thinker’s (or dreamer’s) problem. In the shower, while half asleep, while daydreaming in class. You know what I’m talking about right? Well if not, my problem is the “I have sensational ideas/plans/dreams, but every single time I try to sit down and write them out, I stare at a blank page…blankly.” Whether it be writing a list, or wanting to blog, this happens on a regular basis. Kid you not; it happened to me not a half hour before I sat down to write! Shower time had opened up the creative juices in my brain, elegant words flowed from my synapses and dreams I would surely make into reality puffed from the clouds in which they had been encased. Plans about my life being more productive and organized seemed to form a neatly compiled list and started to pin images on the bulletin board that is my conscious. Thousands of these scenarios enter my thoughts during the day and before my long-term memory can snag them by the tail, they poof from existence. This is almost happening as I write. My problem of not being able to get out my “elegant” words and onto paper is frustrating. In my head these words are beautiful and dripping with award winning material but face the brutal fate of being forever imprisoned in my mind, just bouncing around, without ever reaching my fingers and eventually paper.
            Well I have finally had enough of it! Have I had enough of it more than once? You betcha. This could arguably be the thousandth time I’ve had enough of my own mind holding my own mind back (haha). This self-encapsulating but constantly dreaming mind is opening the gates and letting go. I decided that when better than the present (as so many have said) to just go for what you have wanted to do, been contemplating, or have dreamed about? So instead of being my own worst enemy, I’m being my own cheerleader. I mean, I’ve got a bigger cheerleader in my life but He might need a little help from Allie herself! 
            All in all, these words may not have been the dazzling elegance of the words of which I spoke before, but I think for the first time they are pretty decent start for needing to work on my mind relinquishing hold on everything stuck inside! Perhaps as I keep this practice going, it will become a matter of habit to make words/plans/ideas/dreams come to fruition without force. And that, would definitely be an accomplishment to check off my list of dreams and ideas and plans J

Olive juice amor,

Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment