3/27/2014

It's been 2 weeks...

            The last time I posted (which was waaay to long ago) it was my master plan. I regret to inform you though…the master plan still hasn’t been completed…or even attempted. Ok well, last Saturday I made an effort to start. I made a rough budget and downloaded some worksheets to plan out projects for this summer or life. But that’s as far as I got. I think I should stop trying to mulit-task. Just focus on one thing, even if it’s quiet. Quiet is good. Hey I think I found something I might need to try!!
            Now you understand how I work. As much as I hate to admit it, the theme of saying I’m going to do something but then it not happening is recurring in my life. You would think that over Spring Break I’d be able to accomplish this one task right? Ha. Apparently not. Distraction rules in my life. Then when school started again, I knew that blogging was going to be put on the way backburner. Boy was I correct. Not until today (2 weeks later) am I updating again.
            It is really frustrating to be so motivated to do something one day and the next, you find yourself too absorbed in Netflix or some other random thing to lift a finger toward a project. Or the fact that I have devote time to homework and school before I even think about blogging/fun projects to blog about. Should I devote time to this “hobby” I feel guilty for not studying for a test that’s 5 days away or avoiding the 2 research papers I have coming up at the end of the semester. Or the Advanced Organic Lab synthesis I’ve been putting off. Did I ever say I was a PROcrastinator? This year has been better for getting things accomplished but still I want to do more.

            By thinking about wanting to do more I fall into a trap, that I may have mentioned. I want to do SO much that I feel I’m already behind. As I’m typing this pressure is welling up and freaking me out! These are the times I need to remember to relax, take some time from working hard this week to do something enjoyable/fun. Otherwise, I’ll turn into a crab and not my normal optimistic self. Yet, when there are 3 things I could name on my desk that constantly remind me of what I want to get accomplished and the time I’ve already wasted today, I get that tension feeling again. Gosh. What am I to do?

            I’ll be honest. I haven’t figured it out yet. Lists always help. But even lists don’t help me get things done! I need to approach it differently. When school is killing me slowly, I need to come up with a plan of attack. One that works effectively and efficiently, yet includes homework time, social time, working out, and whatever else I have going on that day. Um what!? Some days I barely get by as is! My challenge? A schedule/plan that is easily accessible, is easily seen to remind me, is set in stone but can be manipulated for day to day, doesn’t make me want to tear my hair out, and includes reminders of what the big picture is/what I want to do in the future/how awesome I am and can accomplish because I’m still so young.
            Soooo anyone got ideas for me? Ha. I have the best of intentions but actually DOING everything? Whoa. Now that’s something I beg to be able to say. Basically, I’ll say it. I want to do it all. But is that actually possible? I think so. God willing, I know I can be successful. But it doesn’t come without putting nose to the grindstone. And this doesn’t exclude homework. It’s so much more fun to focus on extra-curriculars for me, but school is one of those things that I need to make sure I finish first. Boo-hiss!

            Maybe this is pointless for others and only a ramble of the things no one cares about, about my life. But maybe I’m on to something for myself so I can help others or be inspirational. Whatever you take it as, thanks for reading ;)

Olive juice amor,


Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment