3/10/2014

My Master Plan

            After addressing or defining a problem, the next step for me is to actually do something about it. And that means creating a plan. However, therein lies part of the problem! These grand master “plans” in my head, never seem to come out the way I would like them! I’ll sit down to make a picture/list/drawing of them, but my lack of artistic ability stalls my progress because I don’t like the way the picture/list (or literally anything involving drawing) “looks.” Oh it is so infuriating. Come on! Can’t I just make it through one plan without being such a perfectionist? Can’t I just for once make something look cute without scrutinizing? But AH! I have found part of the problem I can fix. Realizing as I just keep moving forward, I will get better; and the “artsy” part of me will come if I just let my creativity flow. Maybe something I need to realize is not everything has to be “perfect.” Because, let’s be honest, my work is a reflection of me and I am far from perfection! Anyways, getting sidetracked...imagine that!
            Funny thing is though, getting sidetracked is yet another problem I have! That and getting impatient or bored with my project. I’ll be in the middle of a project and suddenly it is two hours later and said project is sitting half done because some element distracted me. Then as time goes on, it never gets done. I’ll spare you the details of half-done projects around my room and house-the number is scary. So what’s different about this time? What could possibly motivate me to stay motivated, focused, and finish all my projects? I have a few ideas in mind!

            Number one - My master plan
                        No seriously. Tomorrow (and mark my words-this is GOING to happen) I will have my plans written out, or somehow on paper. I get super exicted to do projects but soon lose interest because I don’t give myself a time frame. Daily reminders (on paper) are a must if I hope to accomplish anything. I’m very list, goal, and timeline oriented. Knowing that is extremely helpful when trying to undertake anything.

            Number two - Stop getting caught up in details or thinking too much
                        I think. A LOT. That’s why I don’t DO many times. Too much time spent on thinking or “planning” out details. Yes, details will be something I take into account with number one but what is changing is my need for things to be perfect RIGHT away. What falls to the wayside is the realization that I can go back and change something if I need to.

            Number three - JUST START
                        I had a conversation with my mom today about how much time we spend thinking (the last point) and that’s it. Just think-no action. I’m 21 years old and obviously I have tons of life before me but knowing you have “time” can sometimes inhibit rather than motivate. And that’s exactly what happens to me. I’m SO sick of saying “oh I have time to do it; I’ll do it at some point.” NO! That some point is now for me, and every moment in the future.

            I won’t lie, writing this and just writing it while I was thinking of the words was really hard! Because of the details with formatting. The way you see my numbered points was not how they were originally written. I had to go back and format them after I got the thoughts out of my head (working on not letting my mind be a trap-success!). Originally I was going to format as I went but had to stop myself and say, hey, you can go BACK and do the formatting. WHEW, what a relief. Progress? I guess we’ll see!
            This blog is another example of me starting my ACTION lifestyle. Writing is like a release. Whether 500 people read what I wrote or none at all, I’m getting all that is in my head, out! Ever notice how sometimes courses of action, or problems can solve themselves if you talk or write about it? If you haven’t, try it. Go on. I’ve talked/written myself into solutions because it’s a different way of processing. Plus, by keeping a blog updated, it encourages the whole time concept but in like a fun and inspiring kind of way!

            And now that I’ve written about action, I suppose real action is required if I’m going to keep this up! Which I assure you, I will do. After tonight, my master plan will be complete! Muahahahahaha! ;)

Olive juice amor,


Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment